Sweet n' Sour Meatballs


I got this recipe from my high school Home Ec. class. I loved that class. These meatballs have become a family staple over the years. We make this recipe all the time for family gatherings as well as for weeknight dinners. It is such a simple recipe and totally fool's proof. I made this for our Passover Seder this weekend. I just substituted out the bread crumbs for matzo meal.

Ingredients:

Meatballs:
1- 1.5 lb. pkg. ground beef or ground turkey
bread crumbs (Italian or plain)
2 eggs
salt and pepper

Sauce:
1 large jar of spaghetti sauce
2 cans of jellied cranberry sauce
garlic powder (to taste)
red pepper flakes or ground red pepper (to taste)
salt and pepper (to taste)

Preparation:

Combine meat with bread crumbs, eggs and salt and pepper. Roll into balls.
Combine sauces simmer over medium heat. Add spices to taste. Drop raw meatballs into simmering sauce. Cook covered for 45 minutes to 1 hour.


0 comments:

welcome to my blog. please write some comment about this article ^_^