Song: Follow the Prophet (ASL)


Because the song "Follow the Prophet" has so many verses, I wanted to teach the children the sign language for the chorus.  I thought it might help keep their attention.

I love this YouTube video because the presenter gives two options, one for nursery/junior primary and one for older primary members.



Another resource for teaching Primary songs in ASL is found on the church's website, here.

To help the children remember the words to the verses themselves, I wrote the first letter of each word on the blackboard.   For example, the first verse would look like this:


"Adam was a prophet, first one that we know.
In a place called Eden, he helped things to grow.  
Adam served the Lord by following his ways.
We are his descendants in the latter days."


A W A P
F O T W K
I A P C E
H H T T G
A S T L
B F H W
W A H D
I T L D

0 comments:

welcome to my blog. please write some comment about this article ^_^