Song: The Lord Gave Me A Temple

In November, 2013, the first week, the theme is:  "I am thankful for my body, and I know that it is a temple."

I want to teach the kids the first verse of "The Lord Gave Me a Temple."  (I included both verses below, BTW). It's not sung often in the church, but I like it and it's simple to learn.  

For the Junior Primary, I will simply teach the children the words line by line, using the pictures.  You may choose to have the children make up their own movements to reinforce each phrase.

For Senior Primary, I will teach the song using a game.  In the document below, there are pages with the words and pages with pictures.  Print the document and hang the pages with the words at the front of the room in the correct order.  Make sure that they are well adhered to the board so that they don't move.  Cut out the pictures and either attach weak double-sided tape or stick tack to the back, or provide the children with a magnet for each picture.  Choose a reverent child to see if he can match the  pictures to the correct phrases before the pianist plays through the entire song.  When the song is over, tell the children how many pictures are in the right place and then take the pictures down again.  Let several children try.  Once the children are familiar with the melody, see if they can sing through the entire song.  If you have time left, continue choosing children to put the pictures in order.  Ask them to listen for the phrase that the primary is singing when they finish.  See if the children can finish faster and faster.


The Lord gave me a temple


To live within on earth.


Once, in heaven, I was spirit


But I left my home at birth.


I'll make my temple brighter;


I'll keep my spirit free.


My body is the temple


My Father gave to me.


If I keep my body


Clean and pure and habit free,


Then I may in Father's temple


Claim blessings promised me.


On resurrection morning,


I'll take my body bright


And in Celestial glory,


Forever live in light.




0 comments:

welcome to my blog. please write some comment about this article ^_^