Noooo!! I'm now on Twitter

Yes. With apologies to a lot of very disappointed friends, I'm now on Twitter. I can see their heads shaking in disapproval and their sentiments are definitely hard to capture in 140 characters or less.

**Clarification: This blog is not going anywhere. Twitter is simply an added component. Irtiqa will continue to function as is. (sorry for the confusion)

So here is a brief justification explanation of what I expect to have there:
Twitter will be an extension of the themes that we address here on Irtiqa. However, I usually pick one article/topic per day to post/comment on, and I try to stay close to the topic (same with Nidhal's weekly posts). So I hope to expand the base of topic on Twitter (3-5 tweets per day) to include more stories related to science & religion and the varieties of interactions of Muslims with various aspects of modernity (and not just science). As you can guess, Pakistan, Turkey, Egypt, Malaysia, and the Muslim diaspora in Europe will be a major focus. History of science and science-fiction are, of course, the gravy. And heck. If you don't like what I'm saying, it will be over in a short sentence. Painless.

And no Lady Gaga! I must admit I did think about the name @DrGaga - but changed my mind. Psst...this name is still available.

So if you are inclined to give it a shot, you can now also find me on Twitter here. It is free, and I think you can check it without even getting registered.

Of course, Irtiqa posts will continue as is.

0 comments:

welcome to my blog. please write some comment about this article ^_^