I Can!


As I was preparing for a Number Corner training in my district, I was thinking about my own calendar time in my own class. I was trying to come up with a way to eliminate the time spent with children raising their hands to respond to calendar questions. I remembered buying these sticks in the spring. As I was looking around the house trying to find something to store them in, I noticed a veggie can. I thought it would be perfect to store them in. I painted mine and glued two magnets on the back and tied a ribbon and that was it. Now all I have to do is make dinner tomorrow, serve the same veggies and repeat the above steps. Once I do that, I will have the I Can system. These will be stored in my whiteboard by my calendar wall and when I have a question, I will pick a star stick, read the name and then put it in the next can. WHEW! No more hands in the air, no more trying to pick a child on the fly and making it fair. I just recently saw similar sticks at Dollar Tree! So that is a math tip in a snap, so how bout that?



0 comments:

welcome to my blog. please write some comment about this article ^_^