Terrific Transitions!

Today let's switch gears and talk about transitions... You know, how you get from one activity to the next and make it look effortlessly and like you had it planned that way all along. I don't know about you but transitions can often times be tricky. When you are in the middle of cleaning up after a lesson and realize that it is time for lunch, it just does not feel like the time to whip out magic wands and recite some lovely rhyme. Many years ago I found the answer through music. I purchased a DR Jean CD and that really transformed my transitions. So here is the golden nugget of musical transitions... All of the songs that I used for morning transitions I loaded onto my computer, picked the songs I needed and put them in chronological order. So each time it was that fun transition time, I just walked over to the CD player and pushed the next song. I never ever had to say a word because the kids knew what each song signaled. For my teaching life, it was BRILLIANT!

My Morning Transition Playlist
1. Have a Seat
2. Give Me a Clap
3. Wiggle Them
4. (Theme related song)
5. Tidy Up
6. Lunchtime Round Up

This year I am going to try making a Math Playlist!
If you do not have all of the DR Jean CD's you can go to her website and download single songs and build your own playlist! So, what are your Terrific Transitions? Join the Linky Party and share in the fun!






0 comments:

welcome to my blog. please write some comment about this article ^_^