Cinnamon Roll Cookies

I was watching an episode of Chopped the other night and in the dessert round one of the ingredients that the chefs had to use was a roll out pie crust.  One of the chefs used the dough to make cookies.  I thought that is such a GREAT idea.  I'm not sure why I haven't thought of that myself.  I happen to have one of those roll out pie crusts in my refrigerator and I thought these would make such cute cinnamon roll cookies.  This is the easiest recipe, just a few ingredients and it takes just a few minutes to prepare and about 12 minutes in the oven.  These cookies are super cute and really, really delicous.

Ingredients:

Cookies:
2 refrigerated roll out pie crusts
1/2-3/4 cup dark brown sugar (I just sprinkled it on until it covered the surface)
1 tablespoon cinnamon (or more to taste)

Icing:
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 teaspoons cold milk

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.  Roll out pie crust and place on a greased cookie sheet (or a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silpat).  Sprinkle 1/2 the brown sugar and 1/2 the cinnamon over the entire surface of the pie crust.  Starting at the bottom (end closest to you) roll the pie crust up into a log.


Slice the log into  1/2 inch slices and place slice facing up on the greased cookie sheet.

Bake for about 12 minutes until the cookies are brown and the cinnamon sugar is bubbling.

Prepare icing by mixing powdered sugar and milk in a small bowl.  Pour icing into a zip lock bag.  With a sharp scissor snip off a very, very tiny corner from the zip lock bag (I MEAN TINY) and squeeze a zig zag pattern over each cookie.  It's okay if icing drips down the sides of the cookies.  I think they look prettier that way!


0 comments:

welcome to my blog. please write some comment about this article ^_^