Thanksgiving 101 - Cornbread Stuffing (non-dairy)


I have been trying for a few years now to find a good cornbread stuffing recipe. It is not as easy as you would think. Also I need to use a cornbread that contains no dairy since we serve it with a meat meal. I think I finally found one now. We just tested it today for Thanksgiving and it came out delicious. I found it on the website California Kosher Cooks. For the cornbread you can use any recipe you like and substitute soy milk for the milk. I actually found a boxed mix that uses water instead of milk and it came out great.
This stuffing tastes a lot like the traditional stuffing we make every year just slightly sweeter with the corn bread. I think it might become a new family favorite!

Ingredients:

1 small pan baked cornbread
1 small loaf whole wheat bread, cubed crusts removed
1 1/2 cups chopped celery
1 1/2 cups chopped onion
3 cups vegetable broth, with 1 1/2 sticks margarine melted in it
1 C chopped mushrooms
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp sage
1 tsp poultry seasoning
1 1/2 tsp salt

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Saute onions, celery, and mushrooms in margarine until softened.

Crumble cornbread in a large bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Mix well. Place in a well-oiled 9 x 13 pan.

Bake 30-45 minutes covered, then 15 minutes uncovered.

0 comments:

welcome to my blog. please write some comment about this article ^_^