British Woman Convert to Islam

Melanie Jane finds ISLAM in Dubai:
Melanie Jane is a new British revert to
Islam.
In her interview, she describes how she
found Islam when she moved to work
in Dubai.
The following is a partial transcription
of this video.
"I think I’m a product of my
upbringing.
My parents are very open-minded and
very kind caring people, and they
always taught me not to discriminate
against anybody, religion, culture,
color, or anything. I think that
provided me with the foundation to
research and to become the person I
am today.
Basically, when I first moved to Dubai I
didn’t have many expectations, it was
more of a career move than any
particular reason. I was interested in
culture as well, but it was more of a
career move with no other
expectations attached to that.
I changed quite bit when I first moved
to Dubai. When I came from England I
came with stereotypes of what Muslims
are like and what Islamic countries are
going to be like, and then it is
completely not what I expected. My
impression of Muslims and my
impression of Islam weren’t as they
were before, when I had moved from
the UK.
Unfortunately, people think that Islam
is linked to oppression of women. I
believed what I’ve been told about
Islam, starting with the way that
women dress and the way Muslim
people treat their wives... But meeting
Mahmoud was completely the reverse.
In the history of Islam there were a lot
of very well educated people, business
leaders, Khadijah, the first wife of the
Prophet, was a business lady, but in
the UK the story about Islam and
Muslims is completely different.
I always believed in something, but I
wasn’t really sure what. All the
religions that I had come across didn’t
really answer any questions and to a
certain extent I thought their answers
for simple questions I asked do not
actually answer my questions.
When I came across Islam and when I
moved to work in Dubai, I learned
more what I like about Islam. I realized
that in Islam it is OK to ask questions;
and every question you ask should
have an answer, whereas with other
religions it is just like you just have to
have faith. To me that's OK, but it is
not good enough.
In Islam everything is so perfect and
everything is well-put together that’s
what convinced me about Islam." .


0 comments:

welcome to my blog. please write some comment about this article ^_^