Song: My Heavenly Father Loves Me




Following are a set of color and a set of black and white pictures for teaching both verses of the song. Copy and paste them into a word document or click on the link below for the ready-to-print PDF.  I've come up with three possible ways to use the pictures in teaching the song.  

1.  Use only the color set.  When the children have learned the entire song, remove the pictures one at a time.

2.  Cover the color set with the black and white set.  Remove the black and white picture, uncovering the color picture, as the children learn each phrase.  Explain to the children that Heavenly Father loves us so much that he not only gave us a world to live in, but he made it wonderful and beautiful so that we could find joy in His creations.

3.  Cover the color set with the black and white set.  Teach the entire song, using the black and white photos.  When the children know the song, play the following game.  Give the children a small item to pass around the room as they sing the song.  (I plan to bring a small globe.) When the song ends, whoever is holding the item chooses a picture that he/she would like to uncover.  The child answers the question on the back of the black and white photo, uncovering the color photo, and the game begins again.  Continue until all the color pictures are uncovered.  Explain that God wants us to find joy in His creations.  Questions are listed below.


 Picture 1:  "Whenever I hear the song of a bird"





Picture 2:  "Or look at the blue, blue sky"




Picture 3:  "Whenever I feel the rain on my face"





Picture 4:  "Or the wind as it rushes by"




Picture 5:  "Whenever I touch a velvet rose"




Page 6:  "Or walk by a lilac tree"



Page 7:  "I'm glad that I live in this beautiful world / Heavenly Father created for me."
(NOTE:  I chose this picture because it represents where I live in Holland.  Feel free to use it or to choose a photograph of where you live.)




Page 8:  "He gave me my eyes that I might see / The color of butterfly wings."




Page 9:  "He gave me my ears that I might hear / The magical sound of things."




Page 10:  "He gave me my life, my mind, my heart."







Page 11:  "I thank Him reverently."



Page 12:  "For all His creations, of which I'm a part."






Page 13:  "Yes, I know Heavenly Father loves me."




Sample Questions for Teaching Option 3

Page 1:  Why do you think that birds sing?  What are some other sounds you hear in nature?

Page 2: What are some of the beautiful things that Heavenly Father put in the sky?

Page 3:  Do you like the rain?  Why do you think Heavenly Father created rain?

Page 4:  What is your favorite season?  Why do you like it so much?

Page 5:  Heavenly Father made lots of soft things.  What is one thing that you like to touch?

Page 6:  Lilacs smell so sweet.  What is your favorite smell?  Why do you think Heavenly Father made some things smell so good?

Page 7:  Name a beautiful place you've been.  What made it so beautiful?

Page 8: What is your favorite color?  What is one of Heavenly Father's creations that's your favorite color.

Page 9: What is your favorite song?  How does it make you feel?

Page 10:  Are you most grateful for your life, your mind or your heart?  Why?

Page 11:  We thank Heavenly Father by praying to Him.  What are two things you can thank Heavenly Father for when you say your prayers tonight?

Page 12:  Who created you?

Page 13:  Why do you think Heavenly Father made all of these beautiful things for us?



0 comments:

welcome to my blog. please write some comment about this article ^_^