the children or war


The Children of War
By Gayatri Wedotami (Intan), 1996

A boy in Palestine
may come and ask me
as he never lived in peace
“Can you teach me how to sing a song
and I will teach you how to use a gun?”

A boy in vietnam
may come and ask me
as he has lost his two legs
“You look so perfect, can
you give me one of your legs?”

A girl in Iraq
may come and ask me
as she never went to school after the war
“How come you enjoy eating at Mcdonald’s
while I’m starving here and never go to school again
because of America?”

A group of children in chechnya
may come and ask me
as they are now being orphans
“What were you doing
When our parents shot by the Russians?”

A group of girls in bosnia
May come and ask me
As they were raped by the Serbians
“We’re pregnant. Should we kill
our babies or see them grown up
and hurt as again?”

suddenly
thousands, no millions
children from war
come and ask me
(as they lost they happiness and childhood)
“When will the people on earth
stop this disaster?”

I saw them crying
their bloody tears made up a lake
I saw them, anggrily
running after me
Oh, no! Help!
(Nobody listen to me.
as no one listen to them)

0 comments:

welcome to my blog. please write some comment about this article ^_^