Copycat "Grilled" Chicken Tenderloins


I made this for dinner last night!  Too good not to re-post!!

I saw this recipe on Mommy's Kitchen and I had to try it for my kids.  It looks so easy and delicious.  It's a copycat version of a recipe served in Cracker Barrel restaurants called Grilled Chicken Tenders.  This name is interesting to me since this chicken isn't grilled at all.  Of course "my style" I always want to use ingredients I have on hand so I tweaked the recipe a little bit.  I used balsamic vinaigrette dressing instead of Italian dressing and agave instead of honey but the lime I kept the same ;)  You can find the original recipe on Mommy's Kitchen here.  Please check out her blog, there are a lot of fantastic recipes to try!

Ingredients:

4 - 5 chicken breasts, cut into pieces or 12 chicken tenderloins
1 cup Italian Dressing (I used Balsamic Viniagrette)
2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
4 teaspoons honey (I used Agave) 

Preparation:

Cut each chicken breast into strips or use tenderloins pieces. If using tenderloins cut and remove the white tendon off each end. In a bowl that has a cover or large Ziploc bag add the dressing, lime juice and honey; mix to combine. Add the chicken and mix to coat all the pieces. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.

Braise the tenders in a non-stick pan until golden brown in color, but not dry. Start the stove temperature at medium high to get things going. After it comes to a boil reduce the heat to low-medium and continue cooking. You just want them to simmer until all the liquid has cooked down. You still want a bit of glaze left in the pan. When chicken is done remove and serve.

**You pour the chicken with all the marinade into the pan to braise.  It will look like you have A LOT of liquid but do not worry, it will cook all the way down.  Below are 4 pictures showing the cooking process over a 40 minute period.

When I first put the chicken and marinade in the pan
About 10 minutes into the braising process
About 20 minutes into the braising process
About 40 minutes total cooking time


0 comments:

welcome to my blog. please write some comment about this article ^_^